I'm having some weird issues regarding the composition posted below.
It's developed on a MBPr mid 2012:
- MacOS Sierra
- 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7
- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
It runs oke at around 40-50 fps. (Had a couple of chrashes though when hitting 'Run' during the development.) The composition window became really slow when the size of the composition increased, like frustrating slow. Running both Vuo 1.2.4 and 1.2.5 I noticed no difference.
The problem is that when trying it to run on another Mac (I have acces to a variety for the actual production) it causes a complete crash of OS X. I actually need to reboot the whole Mac. Both Vuo 1.2.4 and 1.2.5
MBPr mid 2015 * OS X El Capitan * 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7 * 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 * AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Mac Mini late 2014 * OS X Yosemite * 2,8 GHz Intel Core i5 * 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 * Intel Iris 1536 MB
iMac 5K late 2015 * OS X Yosemite * 4 GHz Intel Core i7 * 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 * AMD Radeon R9 M95X 4096 MB
Is this related to my composition? No doubt that it can be made lighter, but causing a complete crash raises some eyebrows.
Some additional information about the composition:
- Inputting 10 Arduino's over serial (also tested without the Arduino's, no difference)
- Inputting one variable over OSC
- Outputting multiple OSC messages (tested without outputting OSC, no difference)
- Creating 9 gradients with constant animating and combining them in one Syphon output to Resolume Arena (tested without running Arena, no difference)