Like I said to Smokris, I just wanted to add my 2 penny ideas for Vuo's future and share them here. Why not, it could perhaps help or change the way Vuo is sold, funded and developed.
The 2 QUESTIONS I have in Mind are :
1 - How can the Vuo Team MAKE THE BEST MONEY out of their software ?
2 - How can the community LOVE, get excited and FUND Vuo the best way ?
For the community users to pay the most money, they have to feel Vuo matches their needs & they have to be excited and active for Vuo's Roadmap & new features. This, the Vuo team already did understand amazingly well, but I wanted to push it further ! In fact, when I look at the roadmap & the feature requests, my requests are so low in the priorities, I would not have to pay for the 5 next Vuo releases at least before one of my requests would be implemented.
If there are more users & customers like me out there, this means we are "disappointed " which is a LOSS of MONEY for the Vuo team, and that's sad too.
To RESOLVE the 2 main questions, I could see 2 big things :
1 - BOTH the ability to vote for requests the FREE way + the PAID way
2 - To release MORE users requests every release
A - There used to be paid votes, now there is only free votes. Why not have best of both worlds ? Paid & Free ?
- Every active user would receive 5 free credits to vote for the next release (this counter could restart at each release).
- We could also buy credits to vote.
- The requests would be listed once, but could receive both free votes and paid votes.
- Paid requests could be some kind of bidding auctions (there could be a minimum set for a request to be implemented)
- At a minimal amount of paid-votes, the user would get the next release for free (let's say for example for a user who would have voted 100 $)
- Of course, the personal hiring of the Vuo team would still exist !
B - Release more requests by splitting and distribute the requests more efficiently
- Vuo 1.1 included 15 releases and bug fixes.
- This included 7 feature requests the Vuo team chose to implement, based on some criterias.
But why not split the amount of features releases better ? It could be splitted for example this way
1 - 5 features selected by the Vuo Team
2 - 5 top free voted requests
3 - 5 top paid voted requests
For this, ALL the roadmap features should be turned into features requests users could vote their priorities on.
- The users would be more excited ! Involved ! Their features will have more chance to be implemented !
- This means they will pay more money for the Vuo Updates. Update more frequently !
- Paid Requests is another chance for people to get their specific requests implemented sooner.
- The money from the paid requests could be another great source of money for the Vuo Team !
1 - The Vuo team get's more money. The future of Vuo and its development gets even brighter.
2 - The users are happy, pay money and get real excited to use and love Vuo !
That's it, see below a small mockup of what could be the free & paid requests look like on the site.
Please take this as no offense, perhaps the Vuo team is already making good money, but I simply wanted to share my thoughts on how sometimes we can feel disappointed, but also how much I love Vuo and how much I look forward to its future !!!