Released on 2017.01.12
Vuo 1.2.5 adds two main new features requested by the community: support for Hap movie playback and a node for drawing spline curves. It fixes slow performance on macOS 10.12 and a performance bug in Vuo 1.2.4. And it provides other enhancements and bug fixes, including 7 requested by the Vuo community.
Vuo 1.2.5 is a free update for people who've purchased Vuo 1.2.
- Added example compositions:
- Make Points along Spline
- Updated example compositions to use the
Scalenode's new "Limit to Range" port instead of
Limit to Rangenode.
Built-in Nodes, Types, and Input Editors
- Added nodes:
- Added Hap codec support to
Decode Movie Image, and
Get Movie Info. (Thanks to @alexmitchellmus for requesting this feature!)
- Added a "Limit to Range" port to the
- Split the
Save to Movienode into
Save Images to Movieand
Save Frames to Movie.
- Modified the
Became Falsenodes to allow the first event through.
- Added more info about the detected screens to the
List Screensnode and the Screen input editor, including special support for Duet Display. (Thanks to @Chris for asking about this!)
Make Points along Curveto
Make Points along Line.
Spread List Items/
Spread List Item Groupsto
Copy List Item/
Copy List Item Groups.
Get Frame Values/
Get Video Frame Values/
Get Audio Frame Valuesto
Get Frame Values (Leap)/
Get Frame Values (Video)/
Get Frame Values (Audio).
- Fixed a bug that prevented compositions from running on systems with the Jack audio plugin installed. (Thanks to @Magneson for reporting this bug and helping us diagnose it!)
- Fixed the inability to use decimals in the
Receive BCF2000 *node inputs when the system is set to a locale that uses a decimal separator other than a period. (Thanks to @e.duchemin for reporting this bug!)
- Fixed a bug where deleting a
Render * to Windownode during live coding would leave the menubar in an incorrect state.
- Fixed jumpiness when using
Receive Mouse Drags on Layerwith a layer whose anchor is something other than center.
- Added a menu item and keyboard shortcut to restart a running composition. (Thanks to @alexmitchellmus for requesting this feature!)
- Added a menu item to attach/detach the Node Library to/from the composition window.
- Replaced the
vuo.*node set names with more human-readable names in File > Open Example and in node descriptions.
- Eliminated duplicate listings from the "nodes that aren't installed" error dialog.
- Fixed a bug that broke relative file URLs referring to parent directories in exported apps.
- Added info to the OSC
Get Message Valuesnode descriptions about receiving message data of types other than real numbers. (Thanks to @manuel_mitasch for reporting this omission!)
- Improved the documentation for other nodes.
- Updated the manual now that Pro nodes can be used in 3rd-party hosts (as of Vuo 1.1).
- Fixed a slowdown on macOS 10.12 due to a change in macOS's multithreading code. (Thanks to @Kewl for reporting and investigating this problem!)
- Fixed a bug where compositions would slow down as more events were fired.
- Added the ability to run multiple compositions, including multiple instances of the same composition, in the current process simultaneously. (Thanks to Ray Cutler for requesting this!)
- Avoided changing the process's working directory when running a composition in the current process.