New ways to export compositions are 3 of the 4 highest-voted features coming in the next release — FxPlug plugins for Final Cut Pro X, FFGL plugins for Resolume and other apps, and macOS screensavers.
You, the community, realized the exciting potential of these features. Now will you help us spread that excitement?
Here's how you can help:
- Create a composition in Vuo 1.2.8 that you think would make a good screensaver or FxPlug or FFGL plugin.
- For screensavers, use File > New Composition from Template > Image Generator.
- For FFGL and FxPlug plugins, use File > New Composition from Template > Image Generator or Image Filter.
- If you need a refresher on image filters/generators, here's the user manual section.
- In FFGL and FxPlug plugins, for parameters that you want the user to modify, create published input ports. You can right-click on the published input port to set the name, default value, and range.
- Submit your composition to the gallery.
- Please tell us the type of export you have in mind.
We'll use our in-development version of Vuo to export your compositions. That way, we'll be able to start showcasing cool demos made by you, the community, before the release.
If we export your composition, you'll get a copy of the export to use and share. We'll export as many compositions as we have time for. (We'd like to export them all, but our top priority is to finish developing the release.)
We're looking for compositions that show off Vuo's high-quality graphics, flexibility, and ease of use to folks who work with these export formats, such as video editors, VJs, and designers. We plan to share your demos on social media and send them to bloggers and news sites.
You can submit compositions from now until the end of December. Thanks!