Really like the new button node, it's going to come in very handy. I'd like to know what plans there are for other ui nodes and perhaps share some thoughts on the current one.
- Is rollover going to be exposed?
- Perhaps toggling could be an option in the button itself
- Style seems to be fixed at the moment. Roundness control, borders would be good
- the icon seems to be a strange option, given the limited amount of coverage you can get with it. It seems like it would be a great way of skinning buttons but it currently doesn't behave that way. On/off states with different images would be grand.
For me other staple ui items would be sliders, text/val input boxes, drop-downs, perhaps even a way to open a finder window.
And, another request for UI nodes:
From user ddelcourt:
Splitting the single feature request into separate requests.
A GUI nodes library, like controlP5 for processing
The GUI elements would have input ports, to be able to be controlled by anything else (hardware is obvious), and provide visual feedback. Reference: http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/controlP5/.
Team Vuo's list of possible widgets:
- Momentary button
- Group of momentary buttons (menu)
- Grid of checkboxes (2D)
- Group of radio buttons
- Select box
- Slider/dial/thumbwheel (choose a number, either with or without a range, with optional linked textbox)
- Row of sliders/dials/thumbwheels
- Progress indicator
- Row of progress indicators (bar chart)