It's great and it works very well! Thanks! But.... I made it a bit quickly and didn't get the colour layer modes as I wished. Can't see the green...
In the qtz version I added all the layers together and then also added the original image back in again at the end. I can't seem to replicate the addition layer modes exactly as they were in Qtz. See screenshot:
Nice! Here's an FFGL plugin exported from your composition. I added parameters for blur quality and image scale so you can choose lower quality + lighter GPU load or higher quality + heavier GPU load. Let me know if it works for you. Thanks so much!
Cool, love the idea, thanks ;)
Jaymie (@jstrecker) good points.
Yeah I was just trying to think long-term.
Mainly we need to pack :
a) Files (images, fonts, xml's etc).
b) Sub-compositions / local compositions.
And this for :
1) Compositions (normal, filter & generator).
2) Apps (it's already bundling it).
3) Screensavers (hope we will be able to bundle stuff like application bundles can).
4) For the upcoming plugin export features (FFGL etc) I don't know how those formats / apps manage side files & bundling.
And we use these :
A) With Vuo, as .vuo files.
B) As stand-alones (Exported apps, screensavers).
C For host applications (Coge, Resolme, etc).
I was just trying to think about what would be the most hassle-free method when it comes to sharing.
For B) as apps it's obviously not a problem since they bundle.
For A) as .vuo files it depends, we can
- for a (files) put them in a folder next to the composition, and maybe yes an export function into a .zip that copies all the used files automatically would be a +. Here is where my pros would shine and the cons you mention too.
- for b (sub-compositions) I guess the combo "Ability to create composition-local subcompositions + Load nodes from composition path and other custom folders will allow us to solve that problem like for a (files) and just put them alongside the vuo file.
And this will be even easier with Option to edit subcomposition without affecting other instances — Group nodes just for organization, not for adding to Node Library in case these sub-compositions are stored as code inside the .vuo file itself, instead as come-along separate sub-compositions for the local sub-compositions (as I mentioned here but edited my comment when I realized I posted on the wrong feature request, in other words I hope these will be part of the main vuo file code like quartz composers patches if I'm right).
For C) as plugins for other hosting applications, again I think it depends how those apps manage side files. Clearly as I imagine the vuo files have to be moved to some specific folders, it usually requires changing paths etc, so I guess that's where this bundle into would benefit the most if possible. EDIT : I just saw the first FFGL export from the 1.3 beta exported by the team, clearly those seem to accept side files. So it seems the only apps that would benefit vuo file as bundles would be apps that directly host .vuo files, such as Coge.
Anyway, just leaving this idea here, wanted to ask and share, maybe this will popup later again at some point. Thank you for the answer.
Okay tried it like 20 times and started mac in safe mode. After then trying it back in normal mode some how it worked again. Had this node with the Flashes EQ composition in it from the Community here. Deleted that node and everything worked again.
I am really desperate now. Really need all that stuff tomorrow. Put a lot of work and many Nights on this Project now. And now the whole Programm won't work any more. Never exp. something like that with other programms on my mac. And now I really don't know what to do anymore.
If this will apear more frequently I defently will get my money back for the Programm. Quartz Composer worked fine for several Years now.
Here is a short Video off the crash loop.
And the last Project i Worked on.
Nov 30 11:35:07 Arians-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd (org.vuo.editor.5040): Service exited due to SIGSEGV | sent by exc handler Nov 30 11:35:14 Arians-Air Vuo Editor: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug Nov 30 11:35:20 Arians-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000000d.Vuo Editor): Service exited due to SIGSEGV | sent by exc handler Nov 30 11:35:25 Arians-Air Vuo Editor: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug Nov 30 11:35:31 Arians-Air com.apple.xpc.launchd (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000000e.Vuo Editor): Service exited due to SIGSEGV | sent by exc handler
This is the System Log
As I already mentioned a tried all that the last night several Times. Also tried App Cleaner. The only thing that happens when I use app Cleaner is that Vuo ask me to activate again. After that immediately in the old loop. I noticed in the User Modules folder when I deleted all the nodes I wrote and try to start the Prorgamm again. All the files will be recreated.
@DRDN, sorry you're having trouble. Here are some things to try:
- Uninstall any subcompositions/nodes you have installed.
- Go to Tools > Open User Modules Folder. If there are any files in there, move them out of the folder.
- Do the same with Tools > Open System Modules Folder.
- Restart Vuo.
- Delete Vuo's module cache:
- Go to Finder (e.g. click on the Desktop).
- Go to the Go menu and hold down the Option key, and select the Library option that appears.
- Find the Library > Caches > org.vuo folder and throw it in the trash.
- Restart Vuo.
If that doesn't fix it, could you post the crash report? You could also check Console.app for any log messages from Vuo.
Sign up for the Vuo announcements mailing list to get news and join the community. We post about once per month.