- Mac OS 10.10
Steps causing the bug to occur:
- Set up some layers and an "is point within layer" node and some way to react on it.
- Publish the "Rendered Layers" input port(s).
- Connect layers to "Combine Layers With Transform" node.
- Publish layer output from "Combine Layers With Transform".
- Store to node library
- Create a new composition
- Use the newly created node from the library, and connect it to a "Render Layers to Window" node.
- Observe high resource usage through the activity monitor.
How did the result differ from what you expected?:
High resource usage.
Have you found a workaround?:
Connect "Rendered Layers" output port from "Render Layers to Window" to a "Hold" node before connecting to desired input port in custom node.
Publishing layers directly without the use of a "Combine Layers With Transform" node will warn about a feedback loop, and prevent connection without the hold node.