VDMX5 b126.96.36.199 comes with Vuo 1.1.1. How do I use my Vuo 1.2 compositions in VDMX?
VDMX5 doesn't yet have built-in support for Vuo 1.2 — they plan to release an updated version soon. In the meantime, you can hack VDMX in order to use Vuo 1.2 compositions with it. Do this at your own risk — and if you encounter problems, please contact Team Vuo (don't bug VIDVOX).
- Make sure you have VDMX5 b188.8.131.52 and Vuo Editor 1.2.2 or later. This trick doesn't work with earlier versions.
- Make a backup copy of VDMX5.app and Vuo Editor.app.
- In Finder, right-click on VDMX5.app and click Show Package Contents.
- Navigate through the following folders: Contents > Frameworks > VVVuoKit.framework > Versions > A > Frameworks
- Move Vuo.framework to the trash.
- Keep that Finder window open, then open another Finder window, right-click on Vuo Editor.app, and click Show Package Contents.
- Navigate through the following folders: Contents > Frameworks
- Copy Vuo.framework from Vuo Editor.app into VDMX5.app (the same folder you navigated to in step 4). Make sure you copy it (so you leave a copy in both Vuo Editor.app and VDMX5.app).
- Open Terminal.app, and type
cdfollowed by space.
- Drag the copy of Vuo.framework from VDMX5.app into the Terminal window. It should fill in the path. Press Return.
- Paste the following command in Terminal, then press Return:
ln -s 1.2.2 Versions/1.1.1(substitute your Vuo Editor version in place of
- Run VDMX and enjoy.