Our philosophy behind offering two tiers in pricing, Vuo and Vuo Pro, is to fund Vuo's continuing development by selling products geared toward two main audiences. The lower-cost option, Vuo, is geared toward people who will use it for DIY and hobby projects and low-budget productions. The higher-cost option, Vuo Pro, is geared toward people who will use it in paid work, selling services or products made with Vuo. Vuo Pro includes additional features that professionals can take advantage of in their work.
Although determining whether a feature should be Pro or non-Pro can be somewhat subjective, we consider several criteria when making the decision. A feature is likely to be Pro if any of the following are true:
- It requires the purchase of special hardware, such as stage lighting or a VR headset.
- It requires multiple computers.
- It interacts with advanced software, such as a database management system or a video editing application.
- It enables advanced graphics, such as 3D stereoscopic rendering or a fisheye camera.
- It enables exporting compositions to a format in which they could potentially be offered for sale.
When we open a feature request for community voting, we decide if it will be Pro or non-Pro. This is indicated on the webpage of the feature request.