- Mac OS 10.11
How severely does this bug affect you?:
Steps causing the bug to occur:
i'm attaching a .zip which contains source code, a procedure, and all the attendant files for a reproducible test case. more generally:
- create a .vuo composition, save it to the node library
- create another composition that instantiates and uses the first comp you made as a subcomposition
- launch an application that uses a VuoCompiler to compile and link an executable. run the executable, and observe the output.
- modify the subcomposition in a manner that would be visible
- without quitting, compile/link the executable again. run the executable, and observe the output- i would expect the changes that were made to the subcomposition to be visible, but they are not: the compiled output reflects the state of the composition when it was compiled for the first time since the app was launched.
Have you found a workaround?:
yes, relaunching the application- which suggests that other workarounds of this type (compiling the .vuo comps in another process) would also probably be effective.