The node set consists for now of eleven nodes (5 unique, and 2 sets of convenience nodes).
Sort with index
This takes a real-list as an input, and gives out a sorted list from highest to lowest number. More importantly it also spits out an index list of where the highest number exists in the input list. It does this in a highly inefficient manner mind you (at least I think so∞), so connecting it straight to an audio-rate node will choke your composition. Please see example for how to do so under somewhat safe circumstances.
Takes whatever list is presented at its input and reorders it to whatever is present at the "order list" input.
Takes a layer list as input and does the same as above.
Change Items In List
Changes items in a list based on their index.
Cut Wrapped List
Similar in function to the built-in Cut List, but the index wraps around the list, making for easy animation of smaller sequences from huge lists.
Get Items from List (2/4/8)
Gets 2/4/8 items from a list given individual indexes.
Get Items from List (2/4/8, sequential)
Gets 2/4/8 sequential items from a list given a starting index.
Added Cut Wrapped List, which lets you cut out a segment from a list and wrap around. Useful for animations.
Added breakout boxes for getting 2/4/8 values from a list. Sequential or by indexes.
Added a "Change Items in List" node upon a request from @Bodysoulspirit.
-- Ramblings from earlier iterations:
@Kewl's question about layer sorting (found here: https://vuo.org/node/2181) intrigued me a bit, so I wrote up a couple quick nodes to address the issue. These are to regard as experimental at best, and is as always used entirely on ones own peril.
Note that I made the "Reorder Layers" node because I couldn't quite get it to work with generic types. I think that was just me being stupid about something (like the audio rate), but didn't bother to check after I made the layers one and got that to work. So, probably works, if not - don't say you weren't warned (and send me a message if you try it out and it doesn't).
∞For the programmatically inclined, I used the VuoReal_max() function to sort the list and get the index. Probably shouldn't, but that was as far as my brain managed to get today. Please have a peak at the code and send a message if it's horrible.