- macOS 12
Apple Silicon (M1/ARM64)
How severely does this bug affect you?:
●●○○ — It's annoying but I can work around it.
Steps causing the bug to occur:
- I have an Arduino based serial interface to some LED lights.
- I'm sending it simple commands to turn lights on and off.
- The Arduino echos the commands back, not that I need them.
- If I read what is coming back all seems fine.
- If I ignore what's coming back the CompositonLoader will eventually crash during launch, not every time though.
Have you been able to reproduce the problem?:
●●● — Yes, the problem occurs consistently when I follow the steps above
Have you found a workaround?:
Yes, include a Receive serial data node.
I attach the Vuo composition. All works fine unless I delete the Receive Serial data in which case the composition will regularly fail to launch but not every time.
I include the console log, there are some errors at the bottom.
I also include the ips from the DiagnosticReports directory.
Is this possibly related to the last bug report from an hour ago when I reported the "Find serial devices by name" wasn't working, at least in this instance.
Thanks for reporting this
Thanks for reporting this problem, Paul. We are able to reproduce the crashes with a similar setup to what you described.
It's not clear yet why having the
Receive Serial Datanode in the composition prevents the crash (or makes it much less likely). The proximate cause of the crash involves the
Configure Serial Devicenode. Once we fix the crash, we'll see if anything else bad happens if the composition ignores the incoming serial data.