This composition shows a slowly rotating and deforming 3D-object with a changing halo of gas and particles.
The camera view can be changed by mouse.
It was created to test out some Vuo-features.
(Blend Image with Feedback, Make Random Points Object, Add Noise to 3D Object,...)
●○○○ — Not much; I'm just letting you know about it.
Steps causing the bug to occur:
Edit a Share Value node title to have lots of space in it to make it a long header on the canvas.
Save, close and reopen composition.
As a side note (haha) if you undo after changing 20 shared value node titles as I just did to get a screen grab of what I'm talking about it removes all the changes in a single undo and there is no redo available on this. Ouch!
Example images of "Notes" made from Share Value nodes (before saving and losing):
Partially occlude datamatrix (or sometimes just leave it as it is)
Output from datamatrix node sometimes jumps back and forth between numbers and proper reading of text.
We had a few instances of the Barcode node incorrectly reading a Datamatrix and ended up displaying numbers momentarily rather than the text that it should have read. Sometimes it was briefly, sometimes it flipped back and forth between numbers and a proper reading and other times numbers were visible for a few seconds before it was read correctly and displayed text. We also had a couple of instances where it displayed numbers when it decided a wood grain was a barcode (The card holder we have the camera mounted to was made of wood). This got me thinking that because the barcode reader can read different types of barcodes perhaps before it read the datamatrix as a datamatrix that it may have incorrectly identified it as a different type of barcode and spit out the results before correctly detecting it as a datamatrix. I think a simple fix might be to add a drop down list of the type of barcode we would like the node to look for. This could prevent incorrect identifications.
I managed to snap a few pictures of two incorrect readings of the same datamatrix (one with a partially occluded datamatrix) along with the correct reading. Because it contains student information I can't post it here but could privately send them to you.