The open source version of Vuo is available on GitHub. It includes the Vuo Compiler and core nodes (but not the Vuo editor or Pro nodes), and it lags behind the current version by one year. Follow the instructions in README.md to build it (it'll take an hour or two). More info:
Here's what you can do with it:
- Add on to Vuo in all ways listed here (except adding on to the Vuo editor, since the Vuo editor isn't free and open source).
- Use a text editor such as TextEdit to create or edit a composition.
- Use Vuo's API to incorporate Vuo into software you're developing, allowing your software to create, compile, and run Vuo compositions.
- Use command-line tools to turn a composition (.vuo file) into an executable that you can run on your computer.
- Use command-line tools to turn a composition (.vuo file) into a Mac application (.app file) that you can distribute to others.
- Use command-line tools to run a composition in debug mode, which prints information to the console about node executions.
- Use command-line tools to render a composition as an image to see its nodes and cables.
- Access the source code for the Vuo compiler (which turns a composition into an executable) to see how the code works, fix bugs, or add new features.
- Access the source code for the non-Pro Nodes to see how the code works, fix bugs, or add new features.
- See all of the documentation for Vuo's API to help you program nodes for Vuo and applications that use Vuo.
(We also have a free trial of the paid version of Vuo, which includes the built app (no need to build it yourself), the latest features, and the latest source code to the Vuo Compiler and core nodes.)