Vuo Pro has additional features geared towards creative professionals:
- Export FxPlugs for Final Cut Pro X (Intel processors only) — Support for FxPlug on Apple M1 processors is planned for Vuo 2.4.0.
- Export macOS FFGL (FreeFrame) plugins.
- Export macOS screen savers.
- Face detection — Find human faces in live video, and identify their locations, sizes, and landmarks (eyes, nose, and mouth) in the image.
- Antialiasing and motion blur — When exporting a composition to a movie file (offline rendering via the File > Export > Movie… menu), Vuo Pro allows you to apply spatial supersampling (antialiasing) and temporal supersampling (motion blur).
- NDI (Intel processors only) — Vuo's
Send NDI Videoand
Receive NDI Videonodes enable your compositions to stream video over a local network using NewTek NDI®. (When/if NewTek releases a library that supports Apple M1 processors, we'll be able to add support for NDI on M1 in Vuo.)
- Art-Net — Vuo's
Send Art-Net Messagesand
Receive Art-Net Messagesnodes enable your compositions to control stage lights, or to be controlled by a stage lighting system.
- Blackmagic — Vuo's
Receive Blackmagic Videoand
Send Blackmagic Videonodes enable your compositions to get video from and output video to Blackmagic devices. (If you have an Apple M1 processor, check the Blackmagic Desktop Video release notes to see if your device is supported on M1.)
- 3D stereoscopic rendering — Vuo's
Make Stereo Camera,
Make Targeted Stereo Camera,
Render Scene to Stereo Images, and
Combine 3D Stereo Imagesnodes allow you to render and encode a 3D scene using an asymmetric frustum perspective projection, suitable for outputting to stereoscopic displays. See the "Make Stereo Camera" and "Combine 3D Stereo Images" demo apps in the Composition Gallery.
- Fisheye camera — Vuo's
Make Fisheye Cameraand
Make Targeted Fisheye Cameranodes allow you to perform 3D fisheye projection, for use as an artistic effect or for projecting on hemispherical domes. See the "Make Fisheye Camera" and "Make Targeted Fisheye Camera" demo apps in the Composition Gallery.
- Projection warping — Vuo's
Warp Image with Projection Meshnode enables you to project onto a dome with a spherical mirror, an inexpensive alternative to traditional planetarium projection systems. Besides warping images for dome projection, it can be used for any kind of image warping — for example: keystone correction, stereo image alignment, conversion between image perspectives, and projection mapping. See the "Warp Image with Projection Mesh" demo app in the Composition Gallery.
- Advanced image processing — Vuo's
Apply Liquid Resizingand
Apply Liquid Masknodes enable you to apply content-aware transformations to images. See "Apply Liquid Resizing" and "Apply Liquid Resizing with Mask" demo apps in the Composition Gallery. Vuo's
Measure Sharpnessnode enables you to numerically evaluate images, and
Skeletonize Imageperforms morphological skeletonization.
- Advanced 3D object processing — Vuo's
Subtract 3D Objectsnodes enable you to perform boolean operations, and
Flatten 3D Objectenables you to simplify a scenegraph hierarchy.
- Dark mode and compact toolbars — Make Vuo's interface dark and more streamlined.