Released on 2019.07.01
The Vuo 2.0.0-alpha1 release is intended for integrators, to get started updating apps that host Vuo compositions.
Vuo.framework 2.x is not binary-compatible with Vuo.framework 1.x, so you'll need to make some changes to your host code. In particular:
- The SDK is now distributed as a macOS Installer Package, which installs to
- The VuoRunner API has changed:
- Instead of setting published input port values with individual calls, set multiple at once using the new VuoRunner::setPublishedInputPortValues method.
- Instead of firing an event into all published inputs, use the new VuoRunner::firePublishedInputPortEvent method to fire an event into only the ports whose values have changed since the previous frame.
- Instead of waiting for any published output port event, wait for the specific event the host app fired into the composition using the new VuoRunner::waitForFiredPublishedInputPortEvent method.
- See VuoRunner::waitForFiredPublishedInputPortEvent for an example of updating port values, firing an event, waiting, and retrieving the result — the process for rendering a frame.
- In addition to the existing VuoImage methods, there are some new methods:
- Subcompositions are now automatically recompiled and reloaded when they change.
See the API reference for the full list of API changes.
- The video in Vuo.app's new Welcome dialog doesn't play yet.
- In the manual, some sections aren't up-to-date, and some images are missing from the "Getting Started" section.
- On api.vuo.org, the source code links don't work yet.
Please log in to access this release's files.