Released on 2017.01.12
Vuo 1.2.5 adds two main new features requested by the community: support for Hap movie playback and a node for drawing spline curves. It fixes slow performance on macOS 10.12 and a performance bug in Vuo 1.2.4. And it provides other enhancements and bug fixes, including 7 requested by the Vuo community.
Vuo 1.2.5 is a free update for people who've purchased Vuo 1.2.
- Added example compositions:
- Make Points along Spline
- Updated example compositions to use the
Scalenode's new "Limit to Range" port instead of
Limit to Rangenode.
Built-in Nodes, Types, and Input Editors
- Added nodes:
- Added Hap codec support to
Decode Movie Image, and
Get Movie Info. (Thanks to alexmitchellmus for requesting this feature!)
- Added a "Limit to Range" port to the
- Split the
Save to Movienode into
Save Images to Movieand
Save Frames to Movie.
- Modified the
Became Falsenodes to allow the first event through.
- Added more info about the detected screens to the
List Screensnode and the Screen input editor, including special support for Duet Display. (Thanks to Chris for asking about this!)
Make Points along Curveto
Make Points along Line.
Spread List Items/
Spread List Item Groupsto
Copy List Item/
Copy List Item Groups.
Get Frame Values/
Get Video Frame Values/
Get Audio Frame Valuesto
Get Frame Values (Leap)/
Get Frame Values (Video)/
Get Frame Values (Audio).
- Fixed a bug that prevented compositions from running on systems with the Jack audio plugin installed. (Thanks to Magneson for reporting this bug and helping us diagnose it!)
- Fixed the inability to use decimals in the
Receive BCF2000 *node inputs when the system is set to a locale that uses a decimal separator other than a period. (Thanks to educhemin for reporting this bug!)
- Fixed a bug where deleting a
Render * to Windownode during live coding would leave the menubar in an incorrect state.
- Fixed jumpiness when using
Receive Mouse Drags on Layerwith a layer whose anchor is something other than center.
- Added a menu item and keyboard shortcut to restart a running composition. (Thanks to alexmitchellmus for requesting this feature!)
- Added a menu item to attach/detach the Node Library to/from the composition window.
- Replaced the
vuo.*node set names with more human-readable names in File > Open Example and in node descriptions.
- Eliminated duplicate listings from the "nodes that aren't installed" error dialog.
- Fixed a bug that broke relative file URLs referring to parent directories in exported apps.
- Added info to the OSC
Get Message Valuesnode descriptions about receiving message data of types other than real numbers. (Thanks to manuelmitasch for reporting this omission!)
- Improved the documentation for other nodes.
- Updated the manual now that Pro nodes can be used in 3rd-party hosts (as of Vuo 1.1).
- Fixed a slowdown on macOS 10.12 due to a change in macOS's multithreading code. (Thanks to Kewl for reporting and investigating this problem!)
- Fixed a bug where compositions would slow down as more events were fired.
- Added the ability to run multiple compositions, including multiple instances of the same composition, in the current process simultaneously. (Thanks to Ray Cutler for requesting this!)
- Avoided changing the process's working directory when running a composition in the current process.