Vuo 1.2.5 adds two main new features requested by the community: support for Hap movie playback and a node for drawing spline curves. It fixes slow performance on macOS 10.12 and a performance bug in Vuo 1.2.4. And it provides other enhancements and bug fixes, including 7 requested by the Vuo community.
Vuo 1.2.5 is a free update for people who've purchased Vuo 1.2.
Vuo 1.2.4 is a big update that adds many new features (including 16 requested by the community), fixes numerous bugs (including 24 reported by the community), and improves performance. It's free for people who purchased Vuo 1.2. Highlights include:
- New image effects:
Make Stained Glass Image,
Make CMYK Halftone Image,
Make Tileable Image,
Split Image HSL Channels,
Combine Image HSL Channels
- New noise nodes and options:
Make Spherical Noise Image; the choice of gradient noise, value noise, cellular noise, and dot noise; the choice of a rectangular or triangular grid; the choice of levels (octaves), roughness, and spacing for fractal noise
- New blur nodes and options:
Blur Image Radially,
Blur Image Directionally; the choice of Gaussian, linear, box, and disc kernels; adjustable blur quality; and masked blurs
- New layer layout nodes:
Arrange Layers in Row,
Arrange Layers in Column,
- New scene nodes:
Find 3D Objects,
Copy 3D Object (TRS + Material),
Quantize 3D Object,
Tile 3D Object
- New interface with NI mate:
- New audio effects:
Bit Crush Audio,
Ring Modulate Audio
- New list utilities:
Get Items from List,
Get Item Ranges from List,
- New text utilities:
- New math utilities:
- Enabled sending 32-bit integers and floats via OSC, for compatibility with other applications that receive those OSC data types.
- Enabled specifying the timestamp for each video/audio frame in the
Save to Movie node, for better control of the movie frame times and framerate.
- Added support for higher color-depth (32bpc) images.
- Added a section on subcompositions to the Vuo Manual.
- Enabled Vuo.framework to be inserted into VDMX5 b126.96.36.199.
Vuo 1.2.4 drops support for Mac OS X 10.7. It runs on OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 through macOS Sierra 10.12.
Vuo 1.2.3 fixes 12 community-reported issues and adds several new features. It's free for people who purchased Vuo 1.2. Highlights include:
Make Quad Layer node for perspective projection and affine warping
Convert Real List to Audio node
Save Data node
- Added "Loop" port to
Play Audio File and
Decode Movie Image
- Added "Anchor" port to
Make Text Layer
- Added input editors for Art-Net, audio, MIDI, video, and Syphon
- Added support for HSL and CMY color channels when converting to/from DMX
- Added support for Kinect models 1473 (second-generation Xbox 360) and 1517 (Kinect for Windows)
- Added workaround for Leap Motion SDK bug where Z-axis tracking is choppy
- Added workarounds for several Cocoa mouse-related bugs
- Fixed issue where the "Open Composition" dialog didn't show any results when using the Search widget
Read on for all the details.
Vuo 1.2.2 is a big update that fixes 34 community-reported issues, adds several new features, and improves performance and stability. It's free for people who purchased Vuo 1.2.0 or Vuo 1.2.1. Highlights include:
- Improved stability when livecoding with subcompositions
- Improved performance of many nodes, including
Decode Movie Image,
Split Text Stream
- Added support for loading and saving more image formats, including WebP
- Added several new nodes:
Measure Length, and 5 new 3D/4D Point → Real type converters
- Fixed many issues with image alpha blending
- Fixed inability to broadcast OSC messages on some system configurations
- Fixed reliability issues when livecoding with
Build List and
- Added workarounds for many Mac OS X and GPU driver issues
Read on for all the details.